ISRA – GDPR Privacy Statement
Who We Are
ISRA’s registered office is at 22 Merrion Square North, Dublin 2 and we are a not for profit organisation in Ireland. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person can be contacted at:
ISRA- The College of Anaesthesiologists of Ireland
Dr Shailendra Mishra
22 Merrion Square North
Tel: +353 1 2650600
Update your preferences
You can update your privacy preferences for ISRA.ie by selecting which of the following third parties can track you while on our site
Information that We Collect
ISRA needs to collect certain personal information in order to effectively carry out our everyday organisational functions and activities in the provision of services (including digital services) to our Trainees, Fellows and other parties. ISRA processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you includes but is not limited to:
Date of Birth
Home/Mobile Telephone Numbers
Mobile Telephone Number
Irish Medical Council (IMC) ID Number
College ID or NDB ID
We collect information in a number of ways, which include but are not limited to:
- Consultants/Trainees/Fellows/Doctors who provide personal information to us so that they can have access to ISRA services. This personal information may be provided over the phone, through and online form or in hard copy through the postal system.
- Delegates booking and paying for courses online or over the phone
- Delegates being issued with and paying invoices for courses and services provided and/or subscriptions
- Delegates booking courses/events online or over the phone
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal basis for processing)
ISRA takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data include:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that bookings for courses, workshops and other ISRA events are completed and that invoices are sent to the correct address.
- We collect and store your personal data to fulfil our obligation as an affiliated training society linked to the European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and the College of Anaesthetists of Ireland for the purposes of improving practice standards in regional anaesthesia practice.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. ISRA uses third parties to provide the below services and business functions (not limited to the below and subject to change); however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Payment Services Provider – Realex Payments via the College of Anaesthesiologists of Ireland web portal
- For more information about Realex Payments, please read their Privacy Statement at https://www.globalpaymentsinc.com/en-ie/accept-payments/ecommerce/privacy
- Payments for some ISRA Courses are organised via the Ticket Tailor booking and payment portal. Full privacy terms according to GDPR regulations are available at https://www.tickettailor.com/gdpr
ISRA takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- Only members of the ISRA administrative system who have a legitimate need and necessarily require access to your personal data in order to carry out their job in providing our services to you are given access to that data. We do not give generic access to your personal data to all personnel managing ISRA .
- All paper records of your personal data, such as forms containing credit card information obtained over the phone, are destroyed regularly in order to protect your data.
- We employ various technological solutions in order to protect your data including password access on all workstations/laptops, firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware software.
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. We do not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to ISRA. However, as this information is required for us to provide our services, we will not be able to offer our services without it.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
ISRA will occasionally send you information on upcoming ISRA courses, workshops and events by email or post that have been identified as being beneficial to our Trainees/Members/Fellows/delegates and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a Trainee/Member/Fellow/Delegates and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
If you would prefer not to receive above-mentioned marketing and offers, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you do not wish to receive notification of upcoming ISRA exams, courses, workshops or other events.
How Long We Keep Your Data
ISRA only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. For example, we are required under Irish tax law to keep payroll records of employees, invigilators and actors for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.